The Southwest Figure Skating Club wishes to provide a safe environment for its members that is free of misconduct and harassment. The SWFSC will not tolerate or condone any form of harassment. The Southwest Figure Skating Club follows the U.S. Figure Skating SkateSafe® Program that addresses the following types of misconduct:
All individuals, regardless of membership with U.S. Figure Skating, are encouraged to report suspected SkateSafe® violations. U.S. Figure Skating adult participants are required to report suspected child abuse and/or sexual misconduct to the U.S. Center for SafeSport and local law enforcement. There are no fees for filing a report with the U.S. Center for SafeSport or U.S. Figure Skating. The U.S. Center for SafeSport has the exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving Sexual Misconduct.
Report allegations of sexual misconduct to the U.S. Center for SafeSport
Questions regarding U.S. Figure Skating’s SkateSafe® Program can be directed to SkateSafe@usfigureskating.org or 719-635-5200, Option 6.
More information regarding SkateSafe® and U.S. Center for SafeSport® can be found under the IMPORTANT LINKS tab
1. Skaters will work toward and support:
2. Skaters will read, understand and follow the SWFSC Ice Rules and Safety Recommendations.
3. Skaters will abide by the disciplinary procedures as outlined below:
4. If the skater disagrees with how they have been treated, they can file a grievance with the Southwest Figure Skating Board of Directors.
5. Skaters will conduct themselves chemically free (alcohol and illicit drugs) whenever participating in club skating events, skating sessions or skating competitions. The Southwest Figure Skating Club will following the guidelines of the Minnesota State High School League eligibility in regards to mood altering chemicals and penalties. https://www.mshsl.org/sites/default/files/2022-07/2022-2023-mshsl-elig-brochure.pdf
Updated August 2023
Below are described a set of rules for conduct on the ice. Parents please review these rules with your children. The SWFSC Board considers behavior as important as skating ability, and we must ensure that a high level of behavior is followed.
Updated August 2023
The Southwest Figure Skating Club will follow and support the guidance from the Department of Health of Minnesota & local government agencies. We as a club, encourage safe distancing, masking, and hygiene. We also follow the policies and procedures set forth by the Red Baron Arena & Expo. Any and all changes made to our policies will be at the direction of State and local governments.
Minnesota Department of Health https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
Southwest Health and Human Services